In this session, we will walk you through installing SCVMM 1711 Release Preview into a new virtual machine. This session covers the post VM Deployment steps only.
How to Setup SCVMM 1711 Preview release from VHD image
To get started you will need to download the media for System Center Virtual Machine Manager 1711 Technical Preview. The media is available as a pre-configured VHD that includes Windows Server 2016, SCVMM1711, and SQL Server.
The files can be found here:
• Host OS with the Hyper-V role installed (Windows Server 2016 or Windows 10 Preferred)
• 40GB of free space for the extracted VHD
• 18GB of free space for the compressed VHD image files
In this video we will cover the following:
- Installing SQL Server included in VHD image
- Installing VMM
- Installing and migrating Agents between VMM instances
- New Features brief