In this session, we will take a look at the ‘current’ Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS) Portal and discuss several of the available solutions.
- Overview of the UI
- Enabling OMS Solutions
- AD and SQL Health Checks
- Log Analytics
- Security and Audit
- Data Plan Options
- Downloading and Installing Agents
- Connected Data Sources – Storage Accounts, Log Data from Agents, SCOM, SCCM, AD, WSUS
- Windows Telemetry data ingestion
- Collecting Windows Event Logs and Performance Data
- Collecting Linux Performance Counters
Note: It appears the OMS Portal will eventually be fully integrated within the Azure Portal. So some features you see in the OMS Portal may not currently show up in the Azure Portal, and some features in the Azure portal may not show up in the OMS Portal while the service is in this in-between transitional period.
Note: Even if you are on the FREE data plan, some solutions have a COST after a 60 day or less trial period. In particular the Security and Audit feature, now integrated within the Azure Security Center feature has a cost after the expiration of the trial period.